Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012

Yarn Along

Knittin and reading. My favourite things to complete a perfect day. So I am joining Ginny on Wednesdays for Yarn Along to share my passions with you. Come and join in if you like!


Oh how I wish my days had more then 24 hours. There are so many things I want to do, so many projects in line, books to read, posts to post, people to love, hours to spend in the sun and than there is work that wants to be done, meetings to attend etc. And I just absolutly love to sleep, I need a minimum of 8 hours to really make it through my day without downs.  So just a short post today to yarn along a little. My latest project on the needles (with my second sock from last week still not finished!) is this vest for Aaron. I wanted a simple, smart looking pattern, to show off the yarn, some handspun gotland sheep wool I got at the sheep festival last week. I plied it with some blue but over twisted single my sister gave me to free use. Mixed with the grey it is so lovely. Knitted up it reminds me of a forest lake shimmering in the moonlight. The ball is almost finished though so there needs to be a lot more spinning...

Suiting my rather limited reading hours I have got these days, I found this 40 pages book (The man who planted trees) in the library. Such a wonderful treasure! Its a bit like a fairy tale about a shepherd in the french alps who planted trees for many decades and by that rebuild a complete, dying landscape. A story about sustainability, believe, the strength of men power and simplicity. The story has been illustrated by one of my favourite illustrators, Quint Buchholt but that edition only excists in German. But there are some other nice editions available in English. This book also make a wonderful present!


Happy Knitting!

1 Kommentar:

  1. Diese Wolle sieht so schön aus!
    Ich weiss genau was du meinst...wir sitzen zu Hause mit den Kindern und machen nichts den ganzen Tag, oder? :) Aber irgendwie haben wir sooo wenig Zeit für uns...ehhh...
    Und...morgen geht die Post zu dir...ist fertig...ich hoffe die wird dir gefallen.
    Liebe Grüße!

    AntwortenLöschen