Montag, 21. Mai 2012

Oh sweet Rosemary...

There is a reason why rosemary is known to be an appetizing herb. I just have to spend some time at our balcony and there it is, this craving. I think rosemary is my all time favourite herb. Yesterday that resulted in some late night baking. The plan was to bake rosemary cookies but after I combined butter and sugar I found out we had run out if eggs so another batch of scones it was, only I substituted the raisins with a handful of fresh rosemary. They turned out lovely and just right with some chai latte.


All you have to do is:

preheat oven to 180° C

mix 100 gram butter, 
50 gram sugar, 
15 gram baking powder 
300 gram flour
a pinch of salt
until they resemble bread crumbs.

add aprox 150 ml milk very carefully not to stir too much, just combine wet and dry
put the mixture on a greased tray
form a flat circle and cut into a cake of eight pieces.
bake until surface gets slighly brown.

Cut open while still hot and enjoy with melting butter. 

1 Kommentar:

  1. oh das sieht so lecker aus und ich liebe Rosmarin! danke für das Rezept!;) ..ich gehe dann mal schmökern, habe wieder viel aufzuholen:)

    AntwortenLöschen